Date / Time
Wednesday September 13
10 h 00 - 13 h 00
À la une
Free Flow of Data: striking the right balance between data-based innovation, privacy & security
With the confirmed participation of :
– Pascal CHAFFARD, Deputy Director General in charge of Performance, Finance and Regulation, Française des Jeux
– Luukas ILVES, Counsellor for Digital Affairs, Permanent Representation of Estonia to the EU
– Marc MOSSÉ, Senior Director EU Government Affairs, Microsoft
– Célia ZOLYNSKI, member of Conseil National du Numérique, Associate Professor of Private Law at University Versailles Saint Quentin
– A representative from the European Commission
With the Free Flow of Data initiative, the Commission aims at unleashing the potential of the data economy, while ensuring the protection of users’ personal data and adapting the right to privacy to the online world.
How to strike the right balance between data-based innovation and data privacy and security? What limits for privacy in a highly connected economy?
We will touch upon the following sub-topics :
• Location ; how can the right to online privacy be applied in cross-border exchanges without jeopardising economic growth ? How to address the security issues linked to the location of data?
• Access to data, reuse: Which regulation at the European level to foster growth while at the same time respecting consumer choices, privacy and security?
• Portability/Ownership ; who should own the data? Which type of data, and on which ground?
Discussions will be held in English.